Living in Southern India got me confused about what summer and winter mean - I surely prefer what winter means here and what summer means in Europe - pretty much the same!:))
I picked the red print with small flowers out of the 3 new fabrics I've got - I couldn't decide to use it for any of my old designs so a new one was born! It's clearly inspired by the Waves Top, but every print brings it's own personality so here's the result of that blend. I felt the edges had to be softer so I ended the sleeves and the bottom with some scallops! It's my first time, I kept seeing them around and I didn't like how "I've never made any scallops" sounds! Now I'm anxious to make some more!;)
I couldn't get away with symmetry this time either - the bottom band is gathered on one side, the front is decorated with black lace. This shirt inspires me sweetness and comfort (regardless of season!).
I vintaged the photos a lil in different ways - there's the photo taking fun, then the photo editing fun after the fun making fun!
PS: I'm a big fan of red! Are you also?:)






I love love love red! And the design is so interesting!
ReplyDeleteWow, great design! I adore scallops. Gives a beautifully feminine feel without being too "frilly".. if that makes sense :) Also, I adore red!
ReplyDeleteKaye xx
Three Things:
ReplyDelete(1) That SCALLOPED hem!
really fantastic!
(2) I love the new blog layout. The colors and lines are so simple, interesting, and incredibly calming. Is that just me?
(3) I was thinking about you the other day! I came across this resort wear page and these creations reminded me of your creation style. http://www.shopbop.com/peasant-tank-thakoon/vp/v=1/845524441889212.htm?folderID=2534374302123351&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize
love love, ^_^
Roe, I'm glad you like my scallops and the other curvy lines of my layout:) The top in the link looks like something I can definitely relate to - there's this part of me (which is taking the creative lead at this point:P) that adores it when shape and freedom meet!
ReplyDeleteLove your new top and scallopy edge! Love red! Love your cuff bracelet, too!
ReplyDeleteHow in the world you ended up in south India?