Lately I've been wishing that I could make one item a day and not work on a design for 2 weeks - so minimal items seemed like a good idea. I see so many simple simply square scarves on Etsy, but can I ? I tried and started with that in mind - but complicating is what I do! Fortunatelly, as I got to work on it for a few hours over 2 days I didn't get enough time to change the route for more than... 5-6 times? No wonder a top takes 2 weeks!
But ... there are so many ideas, it's like no matter which you pick, you find yourself at the new crossroads soon. I can't use them all in one item and though I think I'm saving them for later, I know that "later" the same thing occurs and the choices multiply... That's in one of the "good days" I assume. "Bad days" means linear decisions that feel like dead ends. And there are no in-betweens. "Good days" means I might actually get something done.
Avoiding overdesigning is also a challenge. Everything is anyways a little challenge when you do it for the first time. And I don't like to repeat myself. Only as much as necessary to learn one thing right.
The cloth for the collar in pinkish purple is cotton silk with double reflexes. The chiffon I used for the ruffles and the bow is golden with purple reflexes - I feel like some Alice in some Wonderland just by watching the light play on these!
I love its dreamy fluffy elegance. I plan to work more on accessories.
- Coz they are projects I can finish quicker;
- coz they are microuniverses;
- (coz I've been neglecting them?)
- coz you can use them to practice elements and techniques that you can transplant to larger outfits.
- On top of all that, like it wasn't enough, you can use your scraps! Or make new ones! Or both!:))



That collar is so very pretty. I love your color selection.
ReplyDeletelovely scarfette! there is something satisfying about quick projects...
ReplyDelete