Want to make a rose like the one I made for my sundress? It's simple if you know how! Or it's simple anyways, you might figure it out quickly like I had!
For those who would like to know how, as well as for future me, as I don't want to have to figure it out again, here's a little "how to" or more like a "what" I did - feel free to experiment with other dimensions of fabric!
- I took a strip of 72/12 cms, folded it in two in length, wrong side on the inside, straight stitched half a cm from the edge, turned it inside out, pressed the strip.
- At each end I pushed half a cm inside and stitched.
- I took one end and rolled it a bit, fixed it with thread at one end (I used green thread to demonstrate).
- As the strip goes to the right, I turned it downwards and stitched in the straight angle corner. Fix that point to the center of the rose too. Then roll the strip around the center of the rose, one spin (more or less, but never exactly one - that's the main beauty tip ;) ) and repeat this step till you finished your strip. Fix the end too.
My beaded leaves were a nice addition and I applied them on the rose for a glitzy touch:)










I loved!
ReplyDeletekisses!
http://munamo.blogspot.com/
Lovely! Would look beautiful in solid shades of soft pink and ivory too!
ReplyDeleteThis dress is so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteIt looks perfect for salsa dancing :)
xoxo
Olivia
Very pretty! :)
ReplyDeleteVery pretty rose! Thanks for the tutorial. It had never occurred to me to turn the strip 45 degrees to make the petals. Brilliant, and I'm going to try some very soon if a certain young lady will agree to wearing them!
ReplyDelete