Skip to main content

Queen of Hearts ❤ ❥


    
     
        A new necklace that follows in the "neck"steps of my Exuberance Necklace! Introducing new shapes, fabric painting, zardozi metal embroidery and beads!

    
  Lots of creative ways in which it can be worn! Featuring:
  • little embroidered scallops pink-on-pink
  • pearl olive painted edges
  • a pattern that melts curves and corners
  • 4 different types of metal chains that are traditionally used for a special type of embroidery called zardozi
  • stitched and glued olive beads
  • the heart which has the same design mirrored on both faces



And 2 pictures from the making of:




        I hope you like it, I definitely enjoyed working on this and experimenting with all the new elements!

        Painting the edges was quite challenging, I had to take many breaks and let the paint dry before I move to another segment - so that the wet paint doesn't touch more than the edges...

       It's also the first time I try to use these metal chains for zardozi embroidery - they come in long strings that can easily be cut into desired length - I used nylon thread for stitching. For spacing the points that create the design on the heart I used the sewing machine - maybe that's a trick that's worth a post in itself, so about that some other time...

Comments

  1. Ooh, fun! I like seeing the picture of it lying flat. The beading is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda, that dress is SO lovely! You really are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty... I love the beading. The dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work ... love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that dress is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! You're so unique! I think this may be one of the most artistic pieces I've seen. I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique! And wow, I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so generous with your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful beadwork. Your dress is drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh another OOAK necklace! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the colors and creativity of your work. That dress is so gorgeous! OMG

    ReplyDelete
  12. very stylish and different! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What inspiration!
    ...and your dress is drop-dead-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it worn the way it is in the top left pic. And that dress is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a unique necklace! I also love your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool. And what a gorgeous dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just amazing... and your dress!! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your designs are always to unique and creative. Another great one here! Good luck with sales....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally original. I love the flow of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your creations, very unique!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated!☺