After coming back from my vacation I felt that my every day wardrobe needs refreshing. But from thinking to doing something about it - there's a long way! I had the floral fabric for a while now. Deciding about the design is always the hardest part. The premise was to make something simple but somehow that never happens:)) For years I just left these fabrics aside because I didn't get any inspiration for that simple design that is complicated enough to please me:)) I started working on this "tunic-like top" having something completely different in mind. Most of my designs imply asymmetry - that's not news anymore, is it?:)) That's what makes it click for me and I feel my best creations will always have an asymmetrical cut or detail. Other features of this top: a small cream bow on one shoulder, sleeves with ties and slits on each side. The treatment of the cream fabric is similar up to a point to what happens to my wrinkled ...
this is a really great idea magda!! thanks for sharing ^^
ReplyDeleteBest,
Kandy
Magda you really are the tute queen! This is a fabulous idea, explained so well. Love the little case too....sweet!
ReplyDeletenice idea magda! i have been into situations where i run out of fabric, and had tough time finding the exact color and type of material.
ReplyDeleteplease do drop in and vote for your favourite out of 9 new Navarathri Dresses i have made this year for Adithi!
Love the fabric swatches, now how can I make this work for soaps, hmmm...lol!!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea I wish I had when I was doing more home shows!! I used to just stick some fabric swatches in a basket and they would shred all over the place when people went thru them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
great idea, especially for your customers
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the organization of your system!!! Do you have a blog post or a flickr photstream showing how you organize/store the actual fabric itself?
ReplyDeleteBecause I'm pretty sure you have ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jill I have a lot of them just MOVING AROUND!! so it's not good to post about them:)) They fly all over the place practically searching for best light, on the terrace, near the windows, on my desk, posing for both cameras, taking turns in proving to be totally non-photogenic! Ah! You couldn't believe what's going on!:))
ReplyDeleteHa! I was thinking it was probably impossible to organize ten zillion different fabrics, but I figured if anyone could do it, it would be youღ
ReplyDeleteJill - I will invent a method, but trust me, it will last only till the photoshoot is over! being organized would make me less creative(if it were possible hehe) , I prefer the continuously inspiring frustration of swimming in waves and waves of fabric!:))[I wish I had waves and waves... I have just waves LOL]
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea!
ReplyDeleteMagda what a great idea... I have all my colors of glass made into a sample board. Easy Peasy for a customer to choose color choices...
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!
ReplyDeleteA SMALL toothpaste tube :D Great blog magda!! I dunno how you can make these things so gorgeously!! Your posts looks REALLY complicated to make x_X
ReplyDeletelove love LOVE your colorful blog. folowing.
ReplyDeleteYou are the Queen of Clever!
ReplyDeleteMy cardboard color wheel doesn't compare. Great tutorial.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tutorial and I'm sure this will help a lot of people keep better track of their colors! Thanks for sharing! *Ü*
ReplyDeleteyou are so organized! I'm most impressed :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat idea... on my list of to dos to get better organized!!! Thanks
ReplyDeleteThis is a really fantastic idea. Thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeletesuch a great idea!
ReplyDeleteOh, yeah! You are the queen of organization! Great tuto, fantastically described, which is a great idea ... Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a wonderful idea. I can imagine that its very handy!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://ficklesense.blogspot.com/
Love all the colors bundled up together!
ReplyDelete