It's been a long time since I challenged myself to make something within a given deadline... BurdaStyle.com and Bernina came with the irresistible idea of "Party through the decades"... plenty of inspiration to choose from and lots of freedom in creating...
My sewing machine was like "no way", grinning at me from the service shop where it felt like on a well deserved vacation (we'll see each other eye to eye soon and have a word about that:|) I waited patiently, taking it one day at a time, hoping each day for a come back - after two weeks I managed to get a backup machine ( a Singer which fortunately agreed not to make a fuss about getting into a Bernina competition!)
I can't remember working with satin before - I'm almost sure that's one thing I couldn't have forgotten if I did... (actually I have, but it was thicker)
Satin= (definition) something so luring that you can't say no to, although you suspect it means trouble
The one shoulder drapery makes me think that subliminally I might be wearing a saree under my skin;)



I am super pulling for you! The colors of this dress is so lush and I just love how the one shoulder comes up, lightly braided, from the back bodice.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely feel you on the allure of satin. So soft! So silky! And yet you can totally tell: "you have a mind of your OWN, don't you??!"
thanks! the way you talk abt it, you make me fall in love with it all over again ... I wish the pics captured the beads as sparkling as they are and the colours as deep as they are, but sunset - some things it gives, some things it takes...
ReplyDeleteand yes, that's exactly how suspicious satin makes me feel abt it! :))
This is stunning on you! I missed it on Burdastyle (how is that?!) and I love your beading, colours, draping, everything about this gown!
ReplyDeletehehe thank you and I added you to my friend list on burdastyle:D I'm glad you found my gown here and really flattered you like all its accents!
ReplyDeleteI love, love that dress! it looks like an Amazon goddess or something like that. I really hope you win :D
ReplyDeleteXoxo
Sarah