This is the happy happy post that announces that my dress form has arrived! So finally I might start talking about something else!
It travelled for 1 month and 9 days, but I feel it got home right on time!
...And that was the last time I was calling the dress form "it" coz we have a name: Simona!
It's made by Yamata Feiyue, here's a link (see last one on that page)... my almost twin sister:)
So far so good so stick around for the review if you're tempted to get one yourself!


Do they make fat ones too?
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you named her! (Mine is named "Betty.")
ReplyDeleteI have a similar problem with the shoulders, but I guess there is no getting around it.
One question - how does one become comfortable that the size of the mannequin is your size? I measure and remeasure, but sizing has always sort of freaked me out. Is it just a matter of time?
@Ben -they come in all shapes and sizes!
ReplyDelete@Magpie - From what I read, I don't think it can get better. They certainly have their limitations. But once you get used to what it can do and what it you will know what not to expect. Me and Simona haven't gone that far as to test her for different measurements, I'll let you know how cooperating she is when we do! Say hi to Betty from us!
Hope you have fun and get lots of use out of Simona!!!
ReplyDeleteSimona is a strong, romantic name. :) I'm happy she arrived.
ReplyDeleteInteresting! Good luck with her! Oh, I mean Simona! :)
ReplyDeleteCarol from CarolsJewelryOrchard
How wonderful. I used to make my own clothes and those of my little girls. I would have loved to have been able to buy a dress form. Enjoy Simona but keep an eye on her.
ReplyDeletecongratulations on Simona! I bet it will take some adjustment to get to know her properly but hopefully she is very helpful!
ReplyDelete