After coming back from my vacation I felt that my every day wardrobe needs refreshing. But from thinking to doing something about it - there's a long way! I had the floral fabric for a while now. Deciding about the design is always the hardest part. The premise was to make something simple but somehow that never happens:)) For years I just left these fabrics aside because I didn't get any inspiration for that simple design that is complicated enough to please me:)) I started working on this "tunic-like top" having something completely different in mind. Most of my designs imply asymmetry - that's not news anymore, is it?:)) That's what makes it click for me and I feel my best creations will always have an asymmetrical cut or detail. Other features of this top: a small cream bow on one shoulder, sleeves with ties and slits on each side. The treatment of the cream fabric is similar up to a point to what happens to my wrinkled ...
Thanks for the inspiration & your beautiful poem! You always amaze me with your creativity!
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely treasury, and so is your poem!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your poem and what a lovely treasury!
ReplyDeleteI love the poem! I don't come across much poetry nowadays... So it was nice to read. Great treasury too!
ReplyDeleteYou loved rhyming,didn't you? - How else would eyelashes like trees reach the knees? ;)
ReplyDeleteAh dear Deepa! You always see a side that would escape most!:))
ReplyDeleteIt's ... poetry! Eyelashes can do whatever they like! :) Rhyme or no rhyme:)
Hugs
Magda,
ReplyDeleteI love your poem! I had such an era in my teenage years but I am more into prose now! Thank you for sharing!
I also love treasuries and for me they are a great boost of inspiration!
Oh yes Maya, more into prose now too! But only like for one day in a few yrs:)) Unfortunately in Romanian:) I'd love to read your work too!
ReplyDeleteLovely treasury!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your poem!
I love the poem AND the vintage picture of you! What sweet childhood memories :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem and a beautiful treasury
ReplyDeleteGreat post, poem and look into your past. We need to see more than one poem every few years.
ReplyDeletebeautiful. and my beads are in that treasury posted, thanks!
ReplyDeletei would love to go to romania once upon a time to see it. my great grandparents came from there to the U.S when they were teenagers.
I love this post. I love that poem and thanks for including me in that lovely treasury.
ReplyDeletexoxo
What an amazing poem and sentiment from one so young.
ReplyDeleteGreat mix of imagen and letter!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know what? I get the feeling that you're a very interesting person to know :D
ReplyDeleteLove the colors in the Treasury and I am impressed by your poetry.
ReplyDeleteLove your post! Such a great poem and picture of you from the year you wrote it. I agree, treasuries are like poetry....
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful treasury, enjoyed the poem too!
ReplyDeleteLovely post! Making beautiful treasuries is an art :)
ReplyDeleteGreat way to inspire a treasury!
ReplyDeleteyour entire blog is a work of art! fabulous post :0)
ReplyDeleteHi Magda, I really like the photo and your vibrant blog!I'm so glad that I came across it!elsa
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/shop/elsahats