We'll call this the "BEFORE" tote...
(one layer tote bag... notice the artificial light in the pic, dark uninteresting background -I know how to make BEFOREs look bad, don't I?)
I needed to add some lining... I happened to have the green shade so I could easily picture a lovely AFTER:D ... and then I thought I won't share with you all just a lining, that an inner zippered pocket would make things more interesting...
A zip closing the bag would have been nice and I already had these different length black zips- Ah I love when things I bought "just in case" come in handy... This was one of those times...
The inner zip:
And ta-da! Scrunchies for water bottles at both ends :D I'm really proud of the upgrade in functionality:P
So...That's the "AFTER"☟... better no?...gorgeous Simona modelling, natural light, no flash etc (͡- ̮͡๏)
Have you worked on any upgrades? Leave a link, I'd love to see!





You are so clever. I'll bet it doesn't take you a lot of time, either. Takes me forever to do anything. Great job.
ReplyDeleteSo smart to do this instead of making an entire new piece. I upgraded a shirt last week:
ReplyDeletehttp://finalclothesout.blogspot.com/2011/08/pinterest-challenge-results.html
Great upgrade and so functional.
ReplyDeleteIt looks so much more functional (and pretty) :) Great upgrade and great use of before/after methods ;)
ReplyDeleteYes upgrades are so cool!, the scrunchy for waterbottle is really clever. i have done that on the outside of tote earlier, never on the inside, this gave me a new insight!
ReplyDeleteGuess what i came back to sewing (after about 7yr long hiatus once i was a software engineer remember!) by sewing BAGS!
Adithis Amma Sews Cute Confessions of a Sew Addict
its good karma how many times our blogs are similar...my old blog was blah blah design studio & we started a week apart....we have pink sewing spaces....you made the exhuberance necklaces & I made the the scarflettes & now we both do refashions & upgrades on the same day! heres mine: http://sewcoco.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletemy t-shirt dress refashion!
Have a fab week Magda!
Love the upgrade, especially the water bottle holder...genius!
ReplyDelete