After coming back from my vacation I felt that my every day wardrobe needs refreshing. But from thinking to doing something about it - there's a long way! I had the floral fabric for a while now. Deciding about the design is always the hardest part. The premise was to make something simple but somehow that never happens:)) For years I just left these fabrics aside because I didn't get any inspiration for that simple design that is complicated enough to please me:)) I started working on this "tunic-like top" having something completely different in mind. Most of my designs imply asymmetry - that's not news anymore, is it?:)) That's what makes it click for me and I feel my best creations will always have an asymmetrical cut or detail. Other features of this top: a small cream bow on one shoulder, sleeves with ties and slits on each side. The treatment of the cream fabric is similar up to a point to what happens to my wrinkled ...
Wow! What fun! And so easy and quick to do! The result is spectacular! Thanks for showing how to do this ...
ReplyDeleteThese are lovely! and thank you for taking the time to do that beautifully clear tutorial.
ReplyDeleteWow! nice idea to get wrinkles! Will implement it in custom order i am currently working on. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHow about Guest Post @ Adithis Amma Sews. Waiting for you mail with code. Please grace my site with your Guest Appearance :)
How sweet! than you for posting this tutorial, now maybe i will try my hands at it :)
ReplyDeleteThe wrinkles are def my favorite! While I was here, I read up on your "Queen of Hearts" post from June. That makes a really fun add-on to your necklaces and is so pretty with the beading!
ReplyDeleteSo, do you roll it to turn it into a rose??? How does it stay? Pins???
ReplyDeleteHolly- the link on the 3rd line goes to the previous rose tutorial that explains all the missing steps;)
ReplyDelete