Skip to main content

DIY 3 Types of Roses




links to my rose tutorials: simple and wrinkled






Comments

  1. wow! i am off to make few for my Darling daughter, she loves flowers!

    Have you checked out my recent tutorial of Sew Skirt September - Circle Bustle Skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative and cute! Loving your DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Magda, I am mad about fabric roses!!
    These are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun post. Thanks for sharing your marvelous creativity! The roses really compliment your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is your most fun post ever! What a great way to present a tutorial, and I love the impatient 'rose girls'. Really great, Magda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial - with your own special style!
    - RomanticThoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magda - you need your own show on DIY! Your style, charm and humor are contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you put together this article! And I really like your "muse" too! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute descriptive tutorial!!! How'd you do it?! I love the style and your muse is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute post! I'll have to give those a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dont know if i'm more impressed with the flowers, or your amazing post. I think the post!! All your graphics are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome tutorial!!! I love it when it's in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. uniquecozytreasures- Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. VERY cool idea!!! Lots of ways to apply the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really creative post. I love anything with flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tutorial! Those roses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha, mew-z. That was the most entertaining tutorial. Thanks.

    -Melina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated!☺

Popular posts from this blog

Wrinkled Embroidered Floral Top

After coming back from my vacation I felt that my every day wardrobe needs refreshing. But from thinking to doing something about it - there's a long way! I had the floral fabric for a while now. Deciding about the design is always the hardest part. The premise was to make something simple but somehow that never happens:)) For years I just left these fabrics aside because I didn't get any inspiration for that simple design that is complicated enough to please me:))  I started working on this "tunic-like top" having something completely different in mind. Most of my designs imply asymmetry - that's not news anymore, is it?:)) That's what makes it click for me and I feel my best creations will always have an asymmetrical cut or detail. Other features of this top: a small cream bow on one shoulder, sleeves with ties and slits on each side. The treatment of the cream fabric is similar up to a point to what happens to my wrinkled ...

Swatches Tute

My Fabric Swatches Collection is so useful when I have to look for the same color of fabric, matching trims or matching threads! Here's how you can make one too! How to make this rose? Click HERE (stitch the hook on the back of the rose and at the other end make a thread loop like shown HERE ) (the sliding wooden/plastic bead makes it possible to put different swatches next to one another) Alright, any questions?? Here are a few shades I work with:

The Story Of The Exuberance Necklace

  Once upon a time... after the big bang anyways... there was a sketch of a top for which I wanted to use  contrasting colors. Or maybe I bought the fabrics and then made this sketch... in any case, mesmerized by these iridescent shades of purple and green I took 2 m of each - let's call them gred and purpink. But the flow of this silk cotton and the idea of my top didn't really get along or I lost enthusiasm somewhere along the way, anyways after some time I was left with 2 m in bits and pieces of purpink and of course gred. The contrast inspired me however to try something twisted both literally and figuratively- and it implied thick cotton fusible canvas and machine embroidery on the edge- which seemed like a tough task for my sewing machine from the very beginning but it wasn't enough for me to give up:D. In the virtual museum of the exuberance necklace this would be Exuberance Neanderthalensis ---------->   Each side was made out ...