Why selvedge?
- because it's quick- one edge doesn't frail so less stitching = less time consumed
- easy to match - for a rose made out of the same fabric or same color
- to put to good use these durable strips that otherwise are likely to be thrown away
- the selvedge is narrow - that's about how to make the most of it in an easy way!
- ... so that I know what I did next time I need something similar:)
- Fold the selvedge strip in 2 lengthwise, straight stitch along the frailing edge, as close as possible to the edge. I move the needle in its left position for this.
- The unfrailing edges are now on the same line . The center of the universal foot is on that line, zig - zag!
![]() |
| final look |
- zig-zag the opposite side too if you want a symmetric look
- fold in 2 (of course, lengthwise) and stitch to the back of the rose at that point
- make a bow to tie the rose to a scarf, for example...
But which kind of rose is this one?:D Any one of these?
Hehe nope ;) It's a forth type - directions soon!







Very interesting! My sewing only involves patches or fixing horse blankets - so a little over my head :) Love the end product.
ReplyDelete