Before taking these pics I didn’t realize how amazing this almost classical shawl is! If I were in some chilly climate I would enjoy wearing something like this, wrapping it in different ways and feeling cozy, inventive and warm;)
I grew up among amazing triangular white shawls knitted by my grandmother – her fingers would breed, in the middle of winter an entire icy botanical garden – delicate flowers and leaves in neat rows as if they were there since the beginning of time – such real fine pieces of jewelry!
This shawl I started back in Romania and it was supposed to get back to Romania last Christmas:D hopefully it will get there before This Christmas:D With friends like me, who needs... hmmh… other friends?!
![]() |
| (image source) |
I came up with the pattern as I was knitting it, if you reproduce a pattern you know how it’s going to turn out, while if you do it as you go there’s always some surprise!
Feeling eager to try a shawl of your own?


so lovely! I love the red color and the ruffly,tentacly edges! It makes me want to try one at some point.
ReplyDeleteThis is so gorgeous on you! I love the colour and the many ways you showcased it!! The ruffle detail gives it a classic modern edge. Like your new site too!
ReplyDelete