The New Year’s party is close and if your dress is made but you can’t find suitable buttons, here’s something that might help. It surely helped me when making My Secret Garden, so it’s time for this secret to be revealed! I had been using sequins for the front part so why not use them to make buttons too! Therefore I used transparent 4 hole buttons with green sequins on top! 
This is a shot I took while My Secret Garden was in progress (left).. My critical half commented on the "side by side" back opening needing improvement… I didn’t know what to expect while trying it on, so I was like arrrrgh so now what?! The energy wasted on admitting something’s not right is just so overwhelming sometimes!:)) It makes the actual “correction” business seem like a trifle! Long story short, this is what I did: I went to bed.
A good night's sleep should put things into perspective, right?
Next morning I cut a strip of “stubborn” cotton interface (canvas) and iron-fused it to the wrong side of the seam allowances, on both sides of the middle back opening. I’m really pleased all this was possible and the buttoned opening came out so neat!

Just beautiful.
ReplyDelete